A dynamic, inquisitive go-getter and creative thinker the candidate will manage day-to-day programs in FinTech/emerging technologies.. This individual should possess knowledge of technology trends and be able to assess their application to financial services, blending these skills with extremely well established organizational skill, strong attention to detail and exceptional time management skills.
This position is responsible for managing key programs on technology innovation to include identifying and developing projects, leading working groups, facilitating FSR/BITS member engagement, and working collaboratively across the organization to deliver valuable content for member companies, including but not limited to written reports, blogs, meetings and other events. In this role, the candidate will engage with a wide variety of FSR/BITS members and technology industry leaders ranging from C-suite executives to subject matter experts and must demonstrate the highest standards of confidentiality, efficiency, expediency and professionalism.
The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while balancing multiple tasks to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate is comfortable working as part of a team with a wide variety of people, from interns to senior executives.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, each essential duty and responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the Tech Collaborators Program in collaboration with team members in BITS, membership, communications and events services.
• Contribute to, and/or lead, the development of strategy, content, programs and effective member and technology company engagement.
• Analyze technology trends and their effect on financial services, including the use of new tools and services.
• Possess the ability to understand technology use, risk management and reporting requirements of financial firms (e.g. enterprise risk management and board reporting)
• Develop and compile content for presentations, meetings, teleconferences and other events.
• Facilitate and lead conferences, seminars, live casts and in-person meetings with members, technology collaborators and industry participants, including formalizing agendas and recruitment of speakers and facilitators.
• Synthesize notes, research and member input into publishable FinTech advisories, articles, blogs and reports.
• Conduct and report on qualitative and quantitative research regarding new and emerging technologies.
• Assist in the recruitment of technology collaborators.
• Work effectively to prepare reports for senior management and team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Previous experience or familiarity with financial services and/or technology industries.
• Experience in product development and implementation a plus.
• Judgement, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
• Strong coordination and project management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Problem analysis and solving skills, based on a natural curiosity and a demonstrated ability to synthesize multiple inputs into tangible output (e.g. reports, advisories, comment letters)
• Must be well organized, with attention to details, accuracy and deadlines. Able to set priorities and work with a minimum amount of supervision.
• Capable research and learning skills – applies knowledge from exposure to production efforts to enhance educated online research.
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
We are searching for a candidate who enjoys the excitement and challenge of working in a small, tight-knit organization, thrives in an innovative environment, and readily accepts new challenges as opportunities for personal and professional growth and improvement.
This role will be housed in our Washington, DC headquarters with an approximate need to travel 15% of the time.
• 5-8 years’ experience in financial services, product development and delivery or the technology industry is required. Technology policy experience is a plus.
• Experience working both internally and also “in the field” with customers and established and emerging technology companies.
• Experience interacting with executive management, senior leadership and practitioners.
• Strategy, business development and/or relationship management experience is a plus
• A history of successfully taking ideas and new initiatives to market is desirable.
Please apply through FSR Careers webpage careers at FSR page