FSR advocates on behalf of members that provide loans and leases to customers, including mortgage lending and servicing, credit card lending, auto and commercial equipment leasing, and lending to students and military service members.
Current Lending & Leasing:
- GSE Reform
- FHA Reform
- Mortgage lending and servicing compliance requirements
- Military service member and small business lending and serving requirements
- Fair lending and disparate impact
- Credit card compliance requirements
- Secured finance, including indirect auto lending, privacy notices, CFPB privilege, and international harmonization of regulations
A procedural vote Sunday in the Senate to advance the renewal of the Ex-Im Bank charter with a strong bipartisan vote showed its broad support and is a positive step forward in keeping American businesses competitive said the Financial Service Roundtable (FSR).
The Export-Import Bank, an institution that provides critical financing for businesses to compete in the international marketplace, will expire by the end of today due to inaction by Congress to reauthorize its charter.
FSR and its Housing Policy Council welcome the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) proposal to extend the implementation date of the TILA-RESPA mortgage disclosure rule to October 3. FSR and HPC believe the extended date is helpful, but the CFPB should have a formal “grace period” on enforcement of the new disclosures for the...