FSR advocates on behalf of members that provide loans and leases to customers, including mortgage lending and servicing, credit card lending, auto and commercial equipment leasing, and lending to students and military service members.
Current Lending & Leasing:
- GSE Reform
- FHA Reform
- Mortgage lending and servicing compliance requirements
- Military service member and small business lending and serving requirements
- Fair lending and disparate impact
- Credit card compliance requirements
- Secured finance, including indirect auto lending, privacy notices, CFPB privilege, and international harmonization of regulations
A large group of industry trade organizations is joining Congress in pushing the CFPB to adopt a formalized grace period for the enforcement of the complex TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure requirements that go into effect Aug. 1.
FSR released the following statement after a procedural vote in the Senate showed strong support for reauthorizing the Ex-Im Bank.
BAFT and Financial Services Roundtable Statement on Ex-Im Bank Reauthorization
BAFT and FSR submitted a statement for the record for a Senate Banking Committee hearing regarding perspectives on the Export-Import Bank reauthorization.
American taxpayers are still on the hook to pay as much as $157.3 billion to bailout Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac if the two mortgage giants were to experience another severe collapse in an economic downturn according to results of stress tests that were released today by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, a clear indication that housing finance...