FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 6, 2016
FSR Launches FinTech Collaborators Program
Announces 2017 FinTech Ideas Festival CEO Forum in San Francisco
Washington, D.C., —The Financial Services Roundtable (FSR) today launched a new Tech Collaborators Program to bring together leaders from the financial and technology industries to envision the long-term future of the financial industry and to collaborate on innovative FinTech projects.
Tech Collaborator projects will help financial institutions and technology companies cooperatively develop best practices and guidelines to improve security, efficiency and to better meet consumer demand in the financial services world. The first two Tech Collaborator projects are 1) Study the integration of wearables and create best practices for securing, moving, and accessing sensitive “data-in-motion” in a mobile financial services world and 2) Develop standards or best practices for data security, integrity and accessibility in the cloud.
The results of the first two project deliverables will be announced this fall and then two new projects will be announced. Topics under consideration for new projects include the internet of things, blockchain/distributed Ledger, and identity proofing.
Early adopter Tech Collaborator companies include: BOX, Coinbase, Cyclance, Data Boiler Technologies, FiTeq, Flashpoint, ForeScout, Fundation, FutureAdvisor, Kersplody, Linkedin, Microsoft, MobileIron, Palantir, @Pay, Payable, Salesforce, ZeroFOX, and Zignal Labs, in addition to FSR member companies.
The FSR Tech Collaborators launch includes an event on Tuesday and will feature a keynote address by Chief Deputy Whip Patrick McHenry, as well as demonstrations and discussions by Wells Fargo, IBM, Data Boiler Technologies, Zignal Labs and ZeroFOX.
“Technology is changing the world and what customers demand at lightning speed,” said FSR CEO, Tim Pawlenty. “Financial and technology companies competing and forming partnerships benefits consumers and we look forward to creating forums to enhance these opportunities.”
FSR also announces its FinTech Ideas Festival, a futuristic event that will bring together world leaders at the CEO-level in the financial services and technology communities. The event will be in January 2017 in San Francisco, in partnership with TechNet and is for CEOS, by invitation only.
“Sometimes the best ideas come about when people with different perspectives and experience engage in new ways. We see the FinTech Ideas Festival as a way to accelerate our respective and new efforts to make a positive impact on people’s lives,” said Ajay Banga, President and CEO of MasterCard.
Ideas and thought leadership at the Festival will focus on:
– Financial Inclusion
– The Future of the Workforce
– Artificial Intelligence
– Internet of Things and Big Data
– Data Access and Security in the Cloud
– Managing Regulation in the Future
Steering Committee members for the Festival include:
– Peter Altabef, Unisys
– Don Armstrong, Motor Vehicle Software Corporation
– Ajay Banga, MasterCard
– Greg Becker, Silicon Valley Bank
– Chris Begy, BMO Financial Corp.
– Mark Casady, LPL Financial
– Richard Davis, U.S. Bancorp
– Mike Gregoire, CA Technologies
– Aaron Levie, BOX
– Kim Polese, ClearStreet
– Bill Rogers, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
– Manolo Sanchez, BBVA Compass
– Shyam Sankar, Palantir
– Charlie Scharf, VISA
– John Stumpf, Wells Fargo
– Michael Tipsord, State Farm
Tech Advisory Council members include:
– Stephen Ibaraki – Chairman, Technology Advisory Council, Social Entrepreneur and Futurist
– Amir Banifatemi – Producer TEDxLA, Serial Entrepreneur, Futurist
– Frits Bussemaker – Secretary General of International Relations CIONET
– Andy Chen – Global Nuclear Technologies and IT Expert
– Pedro Domingos – Expert on Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
– Brooks Gibbins – The Fintech Collective
– Mike Hinchey – International Federation for Information Processing
– Chris Howard – Kersplody
– Gareth Jones – The Fintech Collective
– Tad Milbourn – CEO & Co-Founder at Payable
– Dan Oros – Kleiner Perkins
– Tom Patterson – Unisys
– Robin Raskin – Technologist, Founder of FinTech Section of CES
– Jim Robinson, III – RRE Ventures
– Peter Schwartz – Salesforce
– Kelvin To – Data Boiler
FSR is launching its Tech Collaborators Program at a rooftop reception Monday, June 6. Learn more about the Collaborators program and FinTech Ideas Festival at FSR.Technology.
This week, FSR will also focus its advocacy efforts on encouraging innovation as a part of its 2016 Presidential Focus Series.
The Financial Services Roundtable represents the largest integrated financial services companies providing banking, insurance, payment and investment products and services to the American consumer. Member companies participate through the Chief Executive Officer and other senior executives nominated by the CEO. FSR member companies provide fuel for America’s economic engine, accounting for $92.7 trillion in managed assets, $1.2 trillion in revenue, and 2.3 million jobs. Learn more at FSRoundtable.org.