Capital One believes our company can only be successful when our communities are healthy. To this end, we focus our corporate community investment strategy on ways to bring about change and create economic opportunities for families across our footprint, like:
- High quality primary, secondary and post-secondary education
- Safe, stable and affordable housing
- Strong jobs that offer career trajectories, not just monthly paychecks
- Financial skills building to help people better manage their money and invest for their futures
Our philanthropic strategy is to invest in enduring, community-based relations and programs with select nonprofit organizations in our communities that are the very best at what they do. We work with our nonprofit partners to identify the community’s most pressing needs and, together, we develop promising solutions. Capital One then strategically surrounds organizations with the resources necessary for economic success. In our approach, we target three major drivers that to create conditions for economic prosperity and healthy, vibrant communities:
- Human capital: building knowledge and skills that prepare people for work and life
- Financial capital: access to and growth of financial assets that seed investments for education, retirement and home equity
- Social capital: connections to a network of people and resources that generate civic engagement and community well-being for those who may need extra support
We strive to give more Americans the right incentives and assistance to attain professional satisfaction, save, accumulate assets, pursue higher education, buy homes and start businesses. By making these investments in the human, financial and social capital of individuals, Capital One is investing in the economic vitality of the communities where our business operates, employs and grows.
Congratulations Capital One!