MUFG employees volunteered hundreds of hours during the fourth annual MUFG Gives Back initiative in November to help many in need.
The bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility team spearheaded volunteer opportunities to support communities in the Americas. This year’s 50 events engaged 700 volunteers in the following activities:
• Working at food banks, hospitals, kitchens, and delivering meals to seniors and those in need – Calgary, Chicago, Minnesota, Montreal, New Jersey, New York, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington D.C.
• Refurbishing schools and a nonprofit headquarters, and installing solar panels – Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, and Santiago.
• Cleaning up parks and beaches, planting trees, and revitalizing a community vegetable garden – Brazil, Buenos Aires, Kentucky, New York, and San Francisco.
• Building an emergency safe house for low-income families and helping a homeowner build their own home – Bogotá and California.
• Assembling fun bags to entertain hospitalized children, designing superhero capes for children facing medical situations, and supporting children in need – Lima and New Jersey.
• Doing holiday shopping for nonprofit beneficiary families – Atlanta.
• Providing financial education and promoting reading through book donations and reading to students – Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York.
“It’s part of our mission as a bank to fortify the community,” said Steve Cummings, CEO of MUFG Union Bank. “We consider it a professional duty, but it’s also a privilege. So it’s especially gratifying to see colleagues take that commitment to heart in such a personal way, devoting their time to meet human needs, not just during MUFG Gives Back but throughout the year.”
Congratulations MUFG Union Bank, N. A.!