The need for stable institutions in Missouri’s North St. Louis County is paramount in light of troubling incidents centered on Ferguson, so Regions Financial Corporation has increased efforts to serve communities there. In addition to its previous commitments, the bank has recently initiated these activities:
- Partnering with John Hope Bryant’s Operation HOPE, Regions established a HOPE Inside location with a credit counselor providing free money-management guidance to help clients improve credit scores, become mortgage eligible, avoid foreclosure, or launch small businesses.
- Regions is rebuilding the Jennings Branch, its closest facility to Ferguson, reaffirming the bank’s local commitment. The new HOPE Inside facility will be based there.
- Partnering with local public schools and EverFi, Regions provides online financial education programs about budgeting, saving, understanding credit, etc., to a growing number of high school students.
- Regions supports the Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis’s “Save Our Sons” workforce training program to help economically disadvantaged African-American men secure jobs.
- Regions has invested in a Low Income Housing Tax Credit development in Jennings that will provide additional affordable housing for seniors.
- Regions supports the Justine Peterson community organization’s focus on micro-lending, small business development, and affordable housing.
- Regions partners with Paraquad, an organization advocating for the disability community, including having an associate serve on its board.
- Regions supports the YWCA of Metro St. Louis in providing economic empowerment and transitional housing for women at risk of homelessness.
- Regions is expanding its multi-state partnership with Jobs for America’s Graduates by supporting JAG’s St. Louis-based affiliate.
Congratulations Regions Financial Corporation!